About a week ago Alyssa came home from school with a letter from the school stating that there was a girl at their school that had cancer and that she was going to be going thru chemo therapy. The school decided that they wanted to support her, so they had asked the kids who were eligible to donate their hair to Locks of Love which is a non-profit organization that collects hair and makes wigs for children that have any medical illness. Alyssa had said that her teacher stated that she did not have to do it if she did not want too. At first with not really knowing what it was all about she said"MOM, I like my hair!!!" I read her the paper and explained to her what a good service it would be but I told her it was her choice. She looked and me and said "Let's do it Mom!!!" So today at 1:30 Alyssa and all the other girls that chose to do it too got their hair cut off at the school. Her class was there to watch her and cheer her on. They had made little posters and were there holding them up to give her support. She did great and I was so proud of her!
We're back!
14 years ago

5 comments:
I bet you are so proud of her. What a good example of giving. She looks darling with the new cut. This will be a memory she will hold forever.
I love that she did that. She is such a sweetheart. I am so proud of her. She looks awesome with her new "doo".
Fantastic! That is awesome. She looks so cute with her new hair cut. I'm very proud of her!
It may be totally weird for me to comment on your family blog but I loved this post. Your daughter is so beautiful and her new haircut is adorable.
That was so sweet that she was willing to cut her beautiful hair for that little girl. Your family is precious. Even though we have been terrible at keeping in touch we think about you guys and remember the neat friendship we had with you back in Tucson. Take care, so glad to be able to follow your blog now. Love Juliette and Brandon
Post a Comment