Well it has been a while with a whirlwind of events. But I could not pass today up. The day started out great with piano lessons and reports of no cavities for the kids at the dentist. Hayden even did outstanding being that this was his first visit to the dentist. While he was waiting for Dr. Cheney to come in he saw an ugly picture of some blackened teeth and he said "EWWW! They aren't being a good example, they need to come have the dentist fix their teeth". Since we were downtown I needed to run some errands so the kids and I went down to the teacher's aid store in the mall and if you know our family when you take a trip to the mall you always have to stop into Barnes & Noble. The kids love to listen to the music with the earphones that they have around the Cd's which happen to be by the mall entrance where they have their anti theft walk-thrus located. Alec needed help with his earphones and I could see Hayden out of the corner of my eye walk toward them with a CD in hand. All of a sudden we here this loud beeping sound which had all of the kids' hands to their ears right away and which also frightened Hayden into running to me. I thought the sound would stop when Hayden backed away thinking it had to be the CD that he had in his hand but when the loud beeping would not go away and then lights started to flash I realized it could not have been the sound I thought it was. In fact what it was instead happened to be the fire alarm. Since there was no fire in sight it had to be only one thing. Some one pulled the fire alarm!!! And guess who that someone was? I looked down at Hayden and said "bubba"(that is what I call him) what did you do? He looked up at me and said. " I didn't do it on purpose"! Right away I thought what should I do? There was no one around and all the associates seemed calm and then the loud beeping sirens stopped so I assumed everything was o.k. so the kids and I proceeded to go look at the kid books. After a while I had to persuade them into leaving to go home. As we were walking out toward the mall exit where we had begun. I saw a line of firemen suited up walking right toward the switch. I thought "oh no"! Those poor men came all the way down here for a false alarm which my son had caused. I had half the mind to stop and tell them that my child was the one who had done it and that they needed to teach him a lesson. But, you know what I did? Not a thing. I walked right past them thinking "do I really want to"? NO! Run!!!!!!! We did not run but oh how I wanted to. So, there you have it. What a day huh!
We're back!
14 years ago

4 comments:
Thats it! I knew it was you! Just kidding sounds like a funny story to me. Good job Hayden!
Hello Castle Fam!! It was so good to hear from you, we have been wondering where you guys were at these days! Sounds like you are all keeping busy and having fun too! Keep in touch and I love your blog!!
I love Hayden!! What a day. It actually sounds like fun though!! You guys are great.
HAHAHA! That is so funny! I would have done the same thing! Those Fireman need the training anyway. It's all good. Oh Kids are wonderful aren't they?!
Love you guys!
Post a Comment