Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Starting over

Ok it has been a very long time since I last posted on our blog so I thought instead of feeling overwhelmed with thinking I had so much to catch up with that I would simply start over. I will try to feel in where I can but for now I thought I would update everyone on where we are and what we are up to now. On July 13th we boarded a plane to move to England.

 Chris and the kids before we boarded
The night before hand I could not sleep at all. I was nervously making sure that we had all of our paper work and items packed and my mind would just not go to sleep. I was thinking of England and how excited I was to see it while worrying about flying again after 15 years of not being on a plane, would the kids be alright, then I was feeling sad about the fact that I would not get to see my family for a while too. The thoughts just would not stop so when the alarm finally went off at 5am I started to panic to the point where I felt sick to my stomach. Our good friends the Anderson's followed us to the airport with our many bags (20) and we said our farewell's. It was hard to say goodbye. We will ever so be grateful for their great generosity to our family. We wheeled our luggage in the terminal and I was playing best friends with the restroom until we boarded. My stomach finally calmed down after we boarded. Thank goodness. It was fun to watch the kids and their reactions as we took off.
Chris and the boys ready for take off
The first flight to Newark was about 4 hrs long. Where we landed and had a bite to eat before boarding our plane to Manchester in England which was a 8 hour flight. We arrived in England around 7:30 am UK time. The RAF had a van to come and pick us up to drive us to our new hometown in Whitby!!!!! Needless to say we all slept except Chris who was trying to keep the driver company. We arrived to our  cottage that we would be staying in for a month 3 hours later.
 The bathroom which was on the top floor. No showering here.

 Alec and Hayden shared the loft
 This cozy room was for Alyssa
 Master bedroom
 The deadly stairs. there were 3 flights of these 
from the basement to the loft/bathroom
 Living area

 Kitchen which was in the basement
 The EVER HOT oven. Very intimidating!!!!!
The cottage was very quaint and had a lot of character. It was over 300 years old with short doors and creaky floors. Chris cut his head open several times walking in and out of the place. It was right in the heart of downtown Whitby which is very busy in the summer.
-Rochelle

2 comments:

Miriam Castle said...

That is so cool that you get to be in England, while we got to go to Japan! We will miss you guys at Bear Lake!

Shelly said...

hey miriam its alyssa and thanks for your comment its nice 2 hear from you agian!!!!!!! tell everyone i said hi!