Sunday, July 6, 2008

It Never Fails

Why is it that when your husband is gone that things seem to go wrong. Chris is gone for 8 days to High Adventure Camp and he needed to drive so he took the reliable car of course and left us his Toyota. I needed to run some errands while Alyssa was at a birthday party. When we went to leave Target I put the key in the ignition and crack!!!!!! The key split in half inside the ignition. I tryed to fit it together praying that I could just start it to get home. It did not work. Luckily our friends the Schooley's came to the rescue and got it to start. The only problem is that you have to hot wire it to start since part of the key is still in the ignition. We got a ride to church today and the Schooley's were nice enough to let us borrow their car for the week which we are eternally grateful for. So, thank you Schooley's you are a lifesaver.

2 comments:

The Schooley's said...

Our pleasure!! We love you guy!! I hate it when random things happen when Chad is gone. YOu are right, it never fails!! Ya gotta love the timing!!

Sarah said...

Hey Rochelle,
a friend of mine says you can get the stuck part of the key out with a strong magnet. I don't know if it will work or maybe you've already tried! I'm sure you've heard the story of Chris lighting the bush outside our house in Ohio on fire when my dad was tdy. It was always when he was gone that crazy stuff would happen! Good luck!
Sarah